This is a parchment roll from 1374, kept in the Royal Library in The Hague.
The cathedral on this stamp is St John’s Cathedral in the city of ‘s-Hertogenbosch. The city’s official name, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, is a contraction of the Dutch des Hertogen bosch—”the Duke’s forest” — translated in French as Bois-le-Duc, in German as Herzogenbusch, in Spanish as Bolduque, in Italian as Boscoducale and in Latin as Silva Ducis.
Circus Herman Renz is the largest circus in the Netherlands, and has been touring the Netherlands and other countries since 1911. This is one of a set issued in 2011 to commemorate the centenary.
This card arrived on 24th May, travelled 328 miles and took 7 days.
Total so far – 234,180 miles; 20 countries (including 8 US States).